Using pure organic product from Italy, we guarantee to give your face a boosting lift! Choose from two signature facial treatments: 1) Anti-Aging Firming Facial, 2) Continental Facial.
Anti-Aging Firming Facial
An anti-aging facial will have all the steps of a basic facial, but with ingredients that are targeted to aging or “mature” skin, which is usually age 40 and up. But you can have anti-aging facials even when you’re in your thirties, because the skin is already showing signs of maturity.
As we age, our skin gets thinner and dryer. It loses collagen, which gives it a thick, plump appearance, and elastin, which makes it snap back quickly. The time it takes for healthy young cells to migrate to the topmost layer slow down, which makes skin duller looking. And our faces are more exposed to the elements, and get lines and creases from all the facial expressions we make.
An anti-aging facial might include a chemical peel, collagen masks, and special serums that have antioxidants like vitamin C or ingredients like hyaluronic acid, which attracts water to cells) exfoliates and nourishes the skin to promote clear, well-hydrated skin. It is sometimes called a “deep-cleansing facial” or or “deep-pore cleansing” facial because of extractions. There are other powerful anti-aging treatments you can get, including photo facialsphoto facials and microdermabrasion.
The Basic Steps of a Anti-Aging Facial
- Cleansing. A anti-aging facial begins with a cleansing with cotton pads or sponges and a product chosen for mature skin, probably a creamy cleanser.
- Skin Analysis. The esthetician covers your eyes and looks at your skin through a brightly lit magnifying lamp that reveal various skin conditions, such as dry skin, broken capillaries, age spots, fine lines and wrinkles. While older skin is less likely to have breakouts, sometimes there are large blackheads.
- Exfoliation using a mechanical or chemical exfoliant. Mechanical exfoliation has a gritty texture and usually happens while a steam vapor is directed at your face. A chemical peel can be a stand-alone treatment or part of the facial. It is generally an upgrade and done in a series.
- Extraction of blackheads or whiteheads if you want it and need it. (It can cause broken capillaries and discoloration if done on sensitive skin, or done improperly.) Mature skin sometimes has large, unsightly blackheads
- Facial massage using classic strokes like effleurage to both relax you and stimulate your skin and facial muscles.
- A facial mask targeted to mature skin. The actual mask will depend on the line the spa carries and what kind of facial you asked for.
- Application of toners, serums and protective creams.
- Advice on home skin care.
This is pure luxury when it comes to facial treatments. The ‘Continental’ starts with a first cleanse, followed by a deep cleanse. After the skin has been analysed, the facial area is fully exfoliated to remove a layer of dead skin cells. This will be followed by a relaxing and rejuvenating décolleté massage using a blend of essential oils. This wonderful treatment is finished off with a prescription facial mask, hand blended, to suit your individual skin type and completed with a moisturiser. This treatment is suitable for both ladies and gentlemen.